Bullying is a problem that affects millions of students, and it has everyone worried, not just the kids on its receiving end. Parents, teachers and other adults don’t always see it. So, they may not understand how extreme bullying can get.
Students are more likely to see bullying first-hand, so we’re asking them to start thinking about ways they can show us, in the form of art, how to help prevent bullying and promote acceptance.
Telcom is accepting artwork submissions that reflect “How to Handle Bullying.” All entries must represent a policyholder and be received at the Telcom office by April 3.
Prizes are $100 for first place, $75 for second place and $50 for third place.
Age groups are Under 8, 8-10 and 11-14.
Entries must be received at the Telcom office by April 3.
Contest Entry Rules:
- Must be 14 years old or younger and must represent a customer.
- All entries must be on a flat medium no larger than 8.5-by-11 inches and must represent some element of showing how you could “Prevent Bullying and Promote Acceptance.”
- The back of the picture must include: contestant’s name, parent/guardian’s name, age of the artist and telecom company represented.
- All entries must be accompanied by an entrance form.
- All entries become the property of Telcom Insurance Group/TISC and may be used in any communications/media known or hereafter developed for noncommercial and commercial purposes. Pictures will not be returned unless specifically requested.
- Telcom staff members will be the judges of the contest, and all decisions are final.
Send entries to:
Telcom Insurance Group, Attn: Spring Art Contest, 6301 Ivy Lane, Suite 506, Greenbelt, MD 20770
Telcom is also offering a “How to Handle Bullying” coloring book and crayons to distribute either to your elementary school or to your staff/customers who participate in our Spring Art Contest. Just let us know what quantity you’d like by March 6. You can contact us regarding the items by email, MAB@TelcomInsGrp.com, or by fax, 301-474-6196.